Interview questions for social media manager/specialist/strategist/associate
☰ Table of Content
Interview questions for Social media Manager/Specialist/Strategist/Associate
Social media Manager
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your interests outside of work?
- How did you get into social media?
- How would your previous employer describe you?
- Why are you interested in this role?
- What about our company interests you?
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- What is your favorite social media platform? Why?
- What skills help you to be an effective social media manager?
- How do you keep up with social media trends?
- If you could change anything about social media, what would it be?
- How would you add value to our social media team?
- What social media influencers or brands do you follow?
Social media Specialist
- On our Facebook page now, what would you change and why?
- Knowing our audience (which they should know being in an interview) - which one of these platforms should we spend the most time on cultivating our fans and what is your reasoning? (a) Instagram (b) TikTok c) SnapChat (d) Facebook (e) LinkedIn (f) Our website (g) Twitter (h) Podcast
- Give us an example of a video post you made in the last week on another account - how successful was it? How did you determine its success? Was it a full production or did you create it on your cell phone? And what is your video skill level - can you add text, music and change the length of videos to meet each platforms needs? Also - the short videos on FB are a max of what length of time? Follow-up. Is this video on your phone right now and can you share it with me?
- What is Stories? What platforms does it appear on? Are you using stories now and why? Can you give me an example of a story you might post on our page?
- Tell me where (what platforms) you pull images from and use on your social media pages (if they just grab anything on the internet, they might open your company to lawsuits - there are just a few FREE sources and of course the company approved stock photos)
- If we gave you an image and it looked a bit stiff - too professional and you wanted to make a casual post - how would you change the image to make it a bit more usable? What is your strategy to match the picture with the words? What is your go to graphic program you use every day?
- Can you move images easily from your phone to our servers and laptops with software apps or? What are they? Is it something available to our entire staff to use?
- Would you be willing to train the staff on a few social media tips so we have a better understanding of what content would be good to share on these platforms? Have you ever trained a person on what you do? Tell me how it went.
- How knowledgeable are you with our website? Why don’t our images show up correctly? Our website person is not around much. Do you have any website skills to help us in this area too?
- What are the Facebook apps you currently use on your phone now?
Social media Strategist
- What online communities have you managed in the past?
- Which social media channels do you recommend for our business and why?
- What goals should we set for each of our social media accounts, and what does success look like?
- What strategies would you use to generate leads?
- Tell me about SEO and its relationship with social media.
- Which social media tools do you use?
- How do you deal with negative comments or a brand reputation crisis?
- Can you describe your biggest social media failure?
Social media Associate
- What challenges are you looking for in this social media associate position?
- Describe a typical work week for a social media associate?