Interview questions for Marketing Manager/Specialist/Strategist/Associate
Interview questions for Marketing Manager
Hard skills interview questions:
- What’s your understanding of our target audience and how we help them?
- Imagine we’re about to release a new product in three months. How would you help orchestrate a successful launch with a budget of $500K, including media spend?
- What do you think sets our brand apart from our competitors?
- Tell me about a time when you had to act quickly but didn’t have a lot of data to inform your decision. What did you do and what was the outcome?
- Tell me about a product that you successfully marketed. What was your strategy and who was your audience? What channels did you use and how did you measure the impact?
- Describe a time when a marketing campaign you were involved with failed. What did you do?
Soft skills interview questions:
- Describe a situation when you had to work with a highly creative group of people with differing opinions. How did you handle the situation to keep the project on track?
- What’s a new marketing tactic that you’ve tried recently? What did you learn?
- Tell me about a time when the demands of a project changed significantly. How did you ensure a successful outcome?
- Why do you think people buy our product?
- What types of things do you take into consideration when obtaining a new order or client?
- Whose job is it to handle customer service?
- Give me an example of the toughest customer service issue you solved.
- If you were to give me a 2 sentence description on the merits of the last thing you sold, what would it be?
- What do you think is the best way to motivate a customer (or employee) to follow your lead?
- Give me an example of a plan you developed that helped you obtain more business for one of your previous jobs.
- How important is it to retain a prospect’s good will over closing an order today?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where do you plan to be in 5 years?
- How do you approach training your team?
- What would be your first approach to customer satisfaction research?
Interview questions for Marketing specialist
- How do you determine whether a marketing strategy has been successful or not?
- Describe your most successful marketing campaign to date. What was your role, and how did you work with others to achieve your goals?
- Have you ever participated in a marketing activity that has failed? If so, what went wrong and how would you do it differently next time?
- Which marketing channels would you use to promote a new product?
- In your opinion, what challenges will impact the marketing industry in the next five years?
Interview questions for Marketing strategist
- What do you use to measure social media metrics?
- Can you describe a successful campaign that you developed?
- How do you judge the success of a campaign?
- How do you decide which social media platforms should be used?
- Have you ever received negative feedback on a campaign you developed? What was your response?
Interview questions for Marketing associate
- What steps would you take to create a social media campaign for a new product?
- Tell me about the most challenging advertising project you’ve been a part of?
- Which of the most recent major product campaigns currently running would you like to have been associated with, and why?
- How do you believe people discover and develop a preference for new brands?
- Can you describe your experience managing paid advertising methods like pay-per-click (PPC) or sponsored content campaigns?
- How do you go about conducting an analysis of your competitors?
- How do you use SEO to increase traffic for online content?
- Do you have experience working with Google Adwords? If so, can you explain the benefits and how Google Adwords can help reach new prospects?
- How do you measure and report the results from the advertising channels an organization uses over time?
- What marketing channels do you prefer to use, and why?