Accenture's Technical Interview Questions - An Informed Guide
Accenture has been conducting an off-campus drive. The company is planning to employ many students this year. The offer is for 4.5LPA and 6.5 LPA. If you want to get a job here, then keep reading. In this article, I’ll talk about how to crack the Accenture interview easily, with an accent on the technical interview.
Accenture is a well-known professional services company, with leading capabilities in digital, cloud, and security. This is a company that works with employees who highly credit skills and knowledge. They focus on adaptability and communication skills as well.
Accenture interviews are pretty challenging. The interview process is simple, follows various steps, and it’s specific to Accenture. Interview questions are not easy, but with the right preparation, you can crack the Accenture interviews very easily.
Let’s take a look at the hiring process here, first:
Accenture Hiring Process
The hiring process at Accenture depends on how you want to apply, as a Fresher or Experienced.
If you are fresher, you have the following options:
- Via College Campus Hiring.
- Off-Campus Hiring.
- Through any consultancy/ e litmus.
If you are experienced, then the options are following:
- Via Accenture Portal (Go to the Accenture portal, find openings based on your skills and apply).
- Through any consultancy.
The interview process is the same for both categories:
Accenture Interview Process
- Cv screening
- First-round - HR checks - Hiring round ( freshers or experienced)
- Technical round
- The document happens, if you pass all the rounds above
- Salary discussion
Accenture technical round
Accenture technical round includes 2 rounds/tests and the interview.
- Cognitive and technical assessment
- Including communication test
This round is 90 min. - Written test, and includes quants, logical reasoning, verbal and some fundamental questions of programming. If you clear this test, you are eligible for 4.5Lpa and the next round.
Topics to focus on:
Numerical Ability - Algebra, Equations, Progression, Profit & Loss, Ratio and Proportion, Mensuration, Logarithms, Simple and Compound Interest, Trigonometry, Divisibility, Series and Progression, HCF and LCM, Areas, Numbers, Relations and Functions, Pipes and Cisterns, Time and Work, Probability/Pnc, Percentage, Speed and Distance, Averages, Geometry.
Analytical Reasoning - Arrangements, Visual Reasoning, Blood Relations, Flowcharts-Visual Reasoning-DI, Statement & Conclusions, Coding-Decoding, Agree/Disagree Psychometric, Directional Sense, Analogies, Seating Arrangement, Inferred MeaningLogical Sequence.
Written Communication - Sentence Correction, Prepositions, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms & Antonym, Idioms and Phrases, Speech and Tenses, Article, Sentence Selection, Spotting Error, Sentence Arrangement.
- Coding round (it takes 45 min.)
The programming test comprises 2 programs. If you clear this round too, then you are eligible for 6.5 Lpa.
Allowed Languages: C, C++, JAVA, Python3, DotNet
This is a Mandatory Coding Assessment and the difficulty level is average - hard.
You can expect Data Structure-based questions up to LinkedList (Not trees and graphs).
Be good with built-in methods for sorting, reversing, and others to save a lot of time.
Don’t be fooled by the simple questions asked in the previous years
After the two rounds, follow the interview.
After 2-3 days of the tests, is the interview. It takes 25-40 min.
You should introduce yourself first and then answer the behavioral questions. Here’re the examples of the questions:
Accenture behavioral interview questions -
- What can you tell me about Accenture?
- Why do you want to work for Accenture?
- Tell about your strength and weaknesses
- Tell me how you deal with conflict.
- Tell me a situation where you have been asked to make a difficult decision
- Do you have any other offers?
- Tell me about your projects.
- What is your favorite/hated subject and why?
- What got you into software development
- Do you have any questions for us?
The interview is pretty easy, be good with the basic questions.
Accenture technical interview questions:
The technical round includes several types of questions:
- Interview questions on technical knowledge
- Interview questions on technical experience
- Situational based interview questions
- Interview questions about education
Accenture interview questions on technical knowledge:
- What is artificial intelligence?
- Do you know why programming languages exist?
- What is the full form of SDLC?
- Name some popular operating systems.
Interview questions on technical experience:
- What interests pulled you up about this job?
- If you have to learn a new programming language for this job, what will you do?
Interview questions about education:
- Why should we hire you?
- What is your educational background?
- 5 years from now, in what position do you see yourself?
Situational based interview questions:
- If this company hired you, what would be your enormous challenge?
- Would you lie for a company?
- If you could start your life over, what would you change?
- Rate us as interviewers, on a scale of 1- 10.
Additional Accenture technical interview questions:
- Explain your project.
- Tell us about the projects you undertook in your summers.
- What is call by value and call by reference in C Programming language?
- What is meant by Inheritance and what are its advantages?
- What is JDBC?
- Why are there no global variables in Java?
- What are method overloading and method overriding?
- What is the difference between a constructor and a method?
- What is SQL, and why is it important?
- List the Coffman’s conditions that lead to a deadlock.
- .What are short, long, and medium-term scheduling?
- Explain at least 3 basic concepts/ features of OOPS.
- What are recursive functions? Give three examples.
- What can you tell us about the latest android version M and how is it different from others?
- What is the significance of semaphores? What are the different types of semaphores?
- What are the different types of database keys?
- Write a function to reverse a linked list.
- How prevalent is cycle stealing in modern systems?
- What are the various On-Delete options in a DB table? Which is the default option?
- Provide insight into the e-commerce market in India.
- What are the four-set properties that make sure that database transactions run reliably?
- State the various states of a transaction in DBMS along with an example.
- What are the similarities and differences between class and structure?
- What is an exception? What are the reasons behind its occurrences?
- What is the significance of AVL trees?
- Where is the top-n analysis in DBMS used?
- What is the advantage of the tree over the array and linked list? Explain with an example?
- Explain Stored Procedures in DBMS. Where are they stored?
- What is a non-static member function? What is it called?
- Explain different types of semaphores along with their uses.
- How does trashing cause the performance of the computer to degrade?
- What is the difference between turnaround time and response time?
- A structure and a class use similar syntax. True or False?
- Write a structure specification that includes 4 float variables called length, breadth, height, and volume. Call this structured box.
- What technology have you used in your 6th and 8th-semester projects?
- Define the following terms: DBMS, query, SQL.?
- What is the difference between primary and secondary keys in DBMS?
- What are XML and some of its applications?
- What is procedural programming? Give some of its examples.?
- Explain the different phases of a compiler?
- What is the significance of time-division multiplexing?
- What is the purpose of the normalization of databases? What are the different rules for normalization?
- What do you understand by method overloading?
- What is the rule of optimality in routing algorithms?
- Write a program in C++ for the Fibonacci series
- Define encapsulation in C++. Explain “Abstraction and encapsulation are complementary concepts”.
The only secret for cracking the Accenture technical interview is knowing the basics of C programming and knowing how to write basic code. And your secret weapon is interview coaching on our platform.
If you pass all the rounds above, you get the offer and there is the last round:
Accenture salary discussion
Below is what to expect about Accenture salaries. For freshers, the fixed salary - 4 Lpa at Accenture is $439,63 monthly in hand. With more than 6 months and less than 2 years of experience in the required domain, Accenture offers 6.5 Lpa with $627.67salary monthly.
The salaries depend on your job title. The average salary of Accenture employees is $90,303 a year. Accenture’s salary range has an average of $56,979 to $146,985 a year.
The most make employees with the job title Managing Director, Consulting, with an average annual salary of $258,036, while the least make employees with the title Application Support Analyst, with an average annual salary of $52,188.
Below are some job title pay ranges at Accenture (payscale.com -based data).
And the Accenture pay ranges, by degree:
How to prepare for Accenture technical challenge in 2022
Here’s what to focus on for the aptitude section:
- Basic Maths
- Percentage problems
- Profit and Loss
- Relative speed problems
- Time and work problems
- Permutation Combination problems
- Reasoning Analogies Blood Relations
- Circular Table Arrangements
- Ordering and Ranking
- Mirror Images
- Missing Numbers
The coding section requires:
- You should be strong at your fundamentals of programming, (at least one programming language)
- This section involves topics like Greedy Algorithms, Dynamic Programming, Divide and Conquer, Binary Search, Hash tables, stacks, maps, queues, Heaps, Trees, BST, Graph algorithms like DFS, BFS, Dijkstra.
- It is more than enough to speak with great confidence and good pronunciation!!
Good preparation is a must. For excellent preparation, practice mock interviews on our platform, and get fast feedback. Most successful candidates know how to improve their preparation, and how to invest in themselves wisely by interview coaching. Coaching is a small investment that will grow your preparation, gain your confidence, and help you impress recruiters and get an offer.
Improve the area you need with our team which will teach you what questions to expect, how to answer them, and provide you with the feedback you can apply immediately. Join the link above and practice in real-world conditions - we are here to help you.
Q. Is the Accenture interview tough?
A. The interview is not easy, but with strong fundamentals and proper preparation, it can be cracked easily.
Q. How long is the Accenture hiring process?
A. The process takes around a month, (to two sometimes).
Q. Which is better, TCS or Accenture?
A. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I recommend Accenture for better workstyle management.
Q. Who can apply for Accenture Off-Campus?
A. Anyone who qualifies the eligibility criteria.
Ace Your Technical Program Manager Interview Using Our TPM Interview Preparation Program